Do you ‘vet’ documents or need to give your team feedback on their writing? Does your own writing need fine-tuning? If so, this workshop is for you.
Through discussions and group work you will explore the conventions of modern business writing. You will practice vetting documents for clarity, conciseness, tone and grammar. You will also learn best practice for giving constructive feedback to your team.
Who should attend?
Both new and experienced managers and team leaders will benefit.
- be better equipped to vet your staff’s writing
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your organisation’s vetting process
- become a trusted mentor for team members and colleagues
- What makes an effective business document?
- The POWER writing process
- The 5 Cs of modern business writing
Vetting for clarity and conciseness
- Plain English
- Effective sentences
- Using bullet points
- Modern document layout
Vetting for tone
- Using a conversational style
- The ‘you’ approach
- The power of positive language
- Writing with courtesy
Vetting for grammar
- Improving grammatical accuracy
- Top 5 errors in Singapore
- Online tools for checking grammar
Vetting emails and letters
- Saying ‘no’ effectively
- Responding to complaints
- Giving bad news
- Adjusting your tone
- Direct and indirect structures
- Using the active voice
- Linking ideas
- Key questions for each section
- The benefits of feedback and two feedback models
- Golden rules for giving constructive feedback
- Helpful phrases and questions
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 14-15||March 11-12||June 27-28||July 29-30|
|September 23-24||October 29-30||December 2-3|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)