Creativity is key when it comes to starting business ventures and designing products and services. It is also an essential skill for being able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
This dynamic one-day workshop is based on the principle that we all have the capacity to be creative. However, we often need to use a tool or follow a process to bring out the creativity within us.
You will be introduced to 16 creativity tools that you can use to generate creative solutions to problems that your business is facing. You will then work in groups to use some of these techniques on an engaging case study.
Who should attend?
Current and aspiring entrepreneurs, engineers, technicians, managers, and HR professionals would benefit from this course.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- generate a wide variety of ideas and solutions for your business
- select and use appropriate creativity tools at work
- activate your creative potential
Introduction and overview
- Getting to know you…creatively!
- Defining creativity
- Your case study
Exploring the process
- Design thinking – five key steps
- Tips on how to brainstorm effectively
- Facilitating ‘brainwriting’ and ‘braindump’ sessions
Framing the issues
- Writing a problem statement
- Doing a root cause analysis
- Drawing a ‘why-why’ diagram
16 creativity tools
- Understanding how to use the 16 techniques
- Using the techniques on your case study
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the techniques
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 21||May 10||July 10||November 5|
Length: 1 day
Course Fees: $374.50 (including GST
Certification: Participants will receive a Certificate of Performance, jointly issued by the British Council and Temasek Polytechnic, upon meeting 75% of the required course attendance.