This highly practical workshop introduces you to a range of tools and techniques to solve problems more effectively and make better decisions. You will also discover your problem solving and decision making style and how to work more successfully with colleagues who have a different style to you.
Throughout the workshop you will work on a case study from your workplace where you can immediately put the skills you learn into practice.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to understand how to identify problems, generate solutions and implement them successfully.
- Be able to anticipate and identify problems
- Become aware of a range of problem-solving tools
- Make the right decisions and take responsibility for them
- Problem-solving and decision-making styles
- Identifying your style
- Working with the different styles
- The PSI framework
P – The problem (the ‘what’ and ‘why’)
- Recognising the problem
- Defining the problem
- Identifying root causes
S – The solution (the ‘how’)
- Generating creative solutions to a problem
- Identifying the best solution
- Assessing and managing risk
- Building consensus
I – Implementing decisions (the ‘do’)
- Selecting the best implementation approach
- Communicating your decision
- Guidelines for communicating difficult decisions
- Reviewing the success of your solution
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|January 22-23||March 12-13||May 14-15|
|July 26-27||August 16-17||September 27-28|
|November 22-23||December 6-7|
Length: 2 days
Venue: Professional Development Centre, Toa Payoh
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)