A consultative selling approach means building value, identifying needs and, ultimately, serving as a trusted advisor to your customers. This workshop introduces you to the 3 Cs of consultative selling and a simple six-step process that you can follow in all of your sales conversations. You will apply this to a work-related case study and practice your consultative selling skills throughout the course.
Who should attend?
Anyone who would like to gain a deeper understanding of their customers and develop longer-term, more meaningful relationships with them.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- follow a six-step process to structure your sales conversations
- use SPIN questions to uncover customer circumstances and needs
- better connect, convince and collaborate with your customers
Introduction and overview
- What is consultative selling?
- Are you a consultative seller?
- The 3 Cs of consultative selling
- Your sales case study
Building trust with your customers
- What is trust?
- Creating an environment of trust
- What causes trust to break down?
A consultative selling process
- A six-step selling process
- Indentifying potential prospects
- Deciding how to make contact
You and the face-to-face meeting
- Creating a positive first impression
- Preparing for the meeting and planning for success
- Making an impact with the ‘POW’ approach
Understanding your customers
- Using SPIN questions to understand needs
- Knowing what buyers really want
- The empathy effect
Managing the sales conversation
- Selling benefits not features
- Dealing with different behaviours
- Handling objections and concerns
- Identifying (and avoiding) key traps
Closing the conversation
- Recapping and ways to close
- Identifying actions and gaining commitment
- Following up in writing
Bringing it all together
- Role playing your case study
- Feedback and action plan
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|June 17-18||September 9-10||November 4-5|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)