Do you facilitate project group meetings, team briefings or other workplace discussions? Would you like to develop your skills and confidence in this area? If so this highly practical workshop, delivered in partnership with Roffey Park, is for you.
Through real-life practice you will explore ways to apply your facilitation skills to a meeting or group you currently lead at work. You will also learn tips and techniques for situations where success relies on the group working productively together.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants the conversations they facilitate at work to become more satisfying and productive.
- Develop essential facilitation skills to improve the effectiveness of your discussions
- Learn practical models and techniques for group facilitation
- Gain a greater awareness of group dynamics
- Helping a group discussion start well
- The importance of ‘contracting’ for successful meetings
- Establishing an agenda for success
The skilful facilitator
- What makes facilitation effective?
- Ways of leading discussions
- Choosing from a range of facilitation approaches
Exploration and decision making
- Practical tools for inquiry and exploration
- Decision making tips, techniques and pitfalls to avoid
Working with group dynamics
- Understanding the group process ‘iceberg’
- Phases in a group’s development, and the task of the facilitator
- Your own impact on the dynamics
Course Fees : On request