This workshop shows you how to positively influence others at work so that you get the outcomes you want. These include selling your ideas, winning resources and getting others to take action.
Through interactive scenarios, self-reflection and a range of practical activities, you will explore ways to influence and better communicate with others, even in challenging situations.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has to influence or persuade others at work.
- use a variety of techniques to positively influence others
- build trust and rapport with all of the people you work with
- get the results that you want
Introduction and overview
- What are positive influencing skills?
- Why, when and who do you need to influence?
- Barriers to influencing others
Principles of influencing
- What makes a great influencer?
- Discovering your influencing style
- Mapping your sphere of influence
- Influencing without authority
Planning your influence approach
- Clarifying goals and priorities
- Focusing on the other person
- Identifying currencies of exchange
- Achieving a win-win
- Building trust and rapport
- Persuading, not manipulating
- Reciprocity and emotional bank accounts
- Building effective working relationships
- Push or pull
- Using questions and active listening to probe
- Selling your ideas with AIDA
- Getting others to take action with WIIFM
- Using simple persuasion tactics
- Influencing online and on social media
Politics, influence and you: understanding your work context
- Managing up - influencing your manager
- Influencing your peers and subordinates
- Overcoming office politics
- Playing hardball - using tougher strategies
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 7-8||March 11-12||April 4-5|
|May 6-7||July 29-30||August 29-30|
|October 3-4||November 28-29|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)