The ability to influence is a critical success factor in today’s workplace. Only by winning the hearts and minds of others will you be able to sell your ideas, secure resources or get the action that you want.
This workshop shows you how to influence others in a range of situations at work. You will learn more about your influencing style, analyse case studies and practice simple but effective techniques to get buy-in from others.
This workshop is for you if…
You need to influence your colleagues, managers or other stakeholders at work.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- state your preferred style of influencing and how to adapt this, depending on the situation
- develop higher levels of trust and rapport with the people you work with
- get the results that you want
- What are positive influencing skills?
- What makes a great influencer?
- Why, when and who do you need to influence?
- Barriers to influencing
Principles of influencing
- Exploring influencing styles
- Influencing without authority
- Persuading, not manipulating
Planning your influence approach
- Mapping your influence
- Clarifying goals and priorities
- Analysing your influence partner
- Increasing trust and rapport
- Reciprocity and emotional bank accounts
- Building effective working relationships
- Pushing or pulling?
- Using questions and active listening
- Selling your ideas
- Getting others to act
Bringing it all together
- Your influencing scenario
- Analysis, feedback and action plans
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|March 5-6||April 27-28||June 4-5|
|July 2-3||August 13-14||September 7-8|
|October 1-2||November 5-6||December 3-4|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)