What are the differences between Singlish and Standard English? And why does ‘knowing the difference’ matter anyway? This fun and revealing one-day workshop gives you the answers.
You will take part in role plays, discussions, quizzes and games to learn how to switch more effectively between Singlish and Standard English.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to know the differences between Singlish and Standard English and how to switch between the two.
- say how Singlish and Standard English are different
- use Standard English in situations that require it
- communicate more effectively in a global environment
- What is Singlish? What is Standard English?
- The Speak Good English Movement
- Recognising Singlish vocabulary
- Rewriting into Standard English
- Numbers and dates
- Common Singlish errors
- Redundant and different prepositions
- Using ‘yet’ and ‘already’
- When to use ‘-ing’ verbs
- Having something done
Directness and questions
- Direct or indirect?
- Question forms
- Singlish to English - switching practice
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|March 6||July 17||September 30|
Length: 1 day
Course Fees: S$668.75 (including GST)