Coaching, counselling and mentoring are all about focusing on others. They are three of the most effective skills a manager has to improve team effectiveness, boost morale and increase productivity. This insightful workshop explores the skills and attitudes you will need to coach, counsel or mentor your direct reports.
This is a hands-on course which uses role plays, case studies, discussions and interactive tasks to practise the three core skills.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and team leaders.
e2i* funding is available at S$15 per hour/per pax for Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Coach colleagues with greater confidence and purpose
- Use basic counselling techniques to help colleagues overcome emotion-based problems affecting their work
- Understand the role of mentor and the skills and knowledge required
Definitions and the Learning Cycle
- Defining coaching, counselling and mentoring
- Matching the skill to the situation
- Kolb’s learning cycle
- The GROW model
- Case study: The Helping Hand
- Effective questions
- Active listening
- Coaching session
- Four approaches
- Positive and critical feedback
- Challenging situations
- Their problem, their solution?
- Information vs advice
- Empathy – the empty chair
- Counselling session
- What mentors do
- Mentoring gains and rules
- Case studies
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|May 3-4||July 2-3||August 23-24|
|September 13-14||October 1-2||November 19-20|
Length: 2 days
Maximum Group Size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)
e2i funded course fee: SG$698.43 (including GST)
*The Employment and Employability Institute Pte Ltd (“e2i”) is a strategic partner of the Workforce Singapore (“WSG”) in the national Continuing Education and Training (“CET”) effort. WSG provides funding to e2i to operate as an institution and to administer projects and grants on behalf of WSG to companies and workers as part of CET and related manpower initiatives.
Funding for the above workshop is at S$15.00 per training hour. In order to be eligible for the funding the following criteria must be fulfilled:-
- The participant must be Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents
- The participant must provide us their NRIC details (MANDATORY)
- The participant must meet the minimum set of entry requirements for the course(s) within the Programme
- The participant must achieve at least 75% attendance of the workshops
- The participant and/or the Company shall not receive any other funding from government sources