Coaching, counselling and mentoring are all about helping others. They are three of the most effective skills a manager has to improve team effectiveness, boost morale and increase productivity. This workshop explores the skills and attitudes you will need to coach, counsel or mentor your direct reports.
This is a hands-on course which uses role plays, case studies, discussions and interactive tasks to introduce the three core skills.
This workshop is for you if…
You would like to help your team solve problems and develop professionally.
e2i* funding is available at S$15 per hour/per pax for Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- coach your team with greater confidence and purpose
- use basic counselling techniques to help colleagues overcome emotion-based problems affecting their work
- understand the role of mentor and the skills and knowledge needed
Introducing the three skills
- Defining coaching, counselling and mentoring
- Applying each skill
- How do people learn?
- Your case study
- The GROW model
- Case study: The Helping Hand
- Effective questioning
- Active listening
- Motivation and barriers to change
- Coaching role plays
- Four approaches for feedback
- Giving positive and critical feedback
- Dealing with challenging situations
- Their problem, their solution?
- Information vs advice
- Increasing empathy
- What mentors do
- Mentoring gains and rules
- Mentoring case studies
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|Feb 20-21||March 23-24||April 13-14||May 14-15|
|July 13-14||August 17-18||September 21-22||October 26-27|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)
e2i funded course fee: SG$744.44 (including GST)
*The Employment and Employability Institute Pte Ltd (“e2i”) is a strategic partner of the Workforce Singapore (“WSG”) in the national Continuing Education and Training (“CET”) effort. WSG provides funding to e2i to operate as an institution and to administer projects and grants on behalf of WSG to companies and workers as part of CET and related manpower initiatives.
Funding for the above workshop is at S$15.00 per training hour. In order to be eligible for the funding the following criteria must be fulfilled:-
- The participant must be Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents
- The participant must provide us their NRIC details (MANDATORY)
- The participant must meet the minimum set of entry requirements for the course(s) within the Programme
- The participant must achieve at least 75% attendance of the workshops
- The participant and/or the Company shall not receive any other funding from government sources