Coaching is an essential part of any manager’s toolkit. It helps to develop relationships with your team, promotes an action-based approach to dealing with issues and encourages reflection and growth.
This workshop aims to build confidence in coaching through tips, techniques and feedback on practical coaching sessions.
This workshop is for you if…
You want to support your team and help them unlock their potential.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- select the right framework for your coaching conversations
- use active listening, powerful questions and empathy to encourage deeper insights from your coachees
- help your team to grow and maximise their performance
- What is coaching?
- Are you a coach or a mentor?
- Coaching ethics, boundaries and benefits
- Qualities of a successful coach
Making a Start
- Why should anyone be coached by me?
- Being clear and precise before you start
- Practicing the pre-coaching conversation
The coaching conversation
- Building presence
- Why listening matters
- Exploring coaching frameworks
- Powerful questioning
- Coaching in action
Motivating your coachee
- Developing empathy
- Creating the conditions for growth
- Challenging perceptions and assumptions
- Deeper questioning
- Recapping key points
- Acknowledging emotions and gathering feedback
- The coachee’s journey forward
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|March 2-3||June 4-5||August 20-21|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)