This workshop provides managers with the skills to support, challenge and motivate their team members through coaching.
Coaching helps you to develop strong relationships with your team, promotes a strategic, action-based approach to dealing with issues and encourages reflection and growth for both the coachee and the coach. This course aims to build confidence in coaching through tips, techniques and feedback on practical coaching sessions.
Who should attend?
Managers who want to support and develop their staff through coaching.
- select the right framework for your coaching conversations
- use powerful questions to encourage deeper insights from your coachees
- help your team to grow and develop professionally
The coaching context
- Which ‘hat’ am I wearing?
- Defining coaching
- Coaching ethics, boundaries and benefits
Making a Start
- Qualities of a successful coach
- Why should anyone be coached by me?
- Being clear and precise before you start
- Practicing the pre-coaching qualification
The coaching conversation
- Building coaching presence
- Why good listening matters
- Coaching frameworks – TGROW and OSKAR
- Powerful questioning
- Coaching in action
Motivating your coachee
- Empathy vs sympathy
- Conditions for growth and development
- Challenging perceptions and assumptions
- Deeper questioning
- Recapping key points
- Acknowledging emotions and gathering feedback
- The coachee’s journey forward
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 25-26||June 6-7||August 26-27|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)