Leaders aren’t born, they are made. This workshop equips aspiring and newly appointed leaders with the self-awareness and skills to lead their teams and deliver powerful results.
Each course participant will receive a personal ‘Work of Leaders’ DiSC® profile. This provides a simple, three-step process to help you reflect on how you approach the most fundamental work of leaders: creating a vision, building alignment and championing execution. There is a project running throughout the workshop where you can immediately put your insights into action.
Who should attend?
Those new to leadership roles or aspiring leaders.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- describe your personal style of leadership
- understand the vision, alignment and execution process and
- say how it relates to your current role
- lead your team more effectively and deliver better results
Introduction and overview
- Video case study – leadership in action
- Leaders vs managers
- Deciding on your leadership brand
- Can leadership be learned?
Your leadership style
- Introducing the DiSC profile
- Understanding your DiSC leadership style
- Exploring your leadership priorities
Crafting your vision
- Remaining open and exploring the big picture
- Being bold and speaking out
- Testing your assumptions
- Project – articulating your vision
- Delivering your messages with clarity
- Having productive dialogues
- Inspiring and encouraging your team
- Project – planning your communication strategy
- Building and driving momentum
- Planning and providing structure
- Seeking feedback and addressing problems
- Giving praise
- Project – turning your vision into reality
Reflection and action
- Your leadership strengths and challenges
- Re-visiting your leadership brand
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|March 14-15||July 29-30||October 7-8|
Length: 2 days
Course fees: $1,229.43 (including GST)