Engaging the right people at the right time and in the right way is critical to the success of any project. Perhaps your organisation is going through a period of change, or maybe you want to understand how to make your products or services more relevant to your customers. If so, this fully updated workshop is for you!
You will explore the impact of successful stakeholder engagement and be introduced to a range of tools and techniques to help you create powerful engagement in your projects.
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for those new to stakeholder management, or managers and leaders looking to hone their skills of engagement.
- Understand the key elements of stakeholder engagement and its importance for all projects and campaigns
- Strengthen your ability to connect with and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Learn a framework to help you plan, implement and monitor engagement
An Introduction to Stakeholder Engagement
- What is stakeholder engagement?
- The business case for engagement
- Stakeholder engagement: a 5 step process
Step 1: Set the intent
- Critical questions for setting the intent
- The SMART test
- Practice task: setting the intent
Step 2: Identify and Analyse
- Identifying and analysing stakeholders
- Prioritising stakeholder communication
- SWANS and OWANS
Step 3: Plan and Prepare
- Strategies for reaching stakeholders
- A case study example
- Planning your engagement approach
Step 4: Engage
- Building trust with stakeholders
- Consulting through change
- Positioning requests: the behavioural communication model
- Dealing with emotions to change
- Effective engagement of blockers and saboteurs
Step 5: Monitor and Evaluate
- Evaluating for success: critical questions
- Evaluating your own engagement activity
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|March 28-29||May 16-17||September 26-27|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)