This workshop is designed to help you be more assertive in challenging interpersonal situations at work. It’s about feeling confident, building rapport with your colleagues and customers and working together to achieve win-win solutions.
Through quizzes, discussions and role plays you will learn how to apply the powerful ‘WIN’ process to all of your challenging workplace interactions.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to communicate with confidence and build strong and lasting relationships with others.
- explain the differences between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour
- use various ways to influence others, especially when raising issues
- deal with criticism more effectively
Introduction and Overview
- What is assertiveness?
- How assertive are you?
- What makes us passive or aggressive?
- The WIN process
Wants and Needs
- Defining and analysing wants and needs
- A difficult situation from your workplace
- The 3 Vs of assertive communication
- Giving negative feedback in an assertive way
- Controlling your emotions
- Using three assertiveness techniques
- Assertiveness role plays
- Your assertiveness case study
- Planning ahead
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 20||March 20||April 10|
|May 29||July 31||August 28|
|September 30||October 23||December 4|
Length: 1 day
Course Fees: $668.75 (including GST)