Assertiveness is about standing up for yourself in a way that is respectful to others. It’s about feeling confident, building rapport and working together to achieve win-win solutions.
This workshop is designed to help you be more assertive in challenging interpersonal situations. Through quizzes, discussions and role plays you will learn how to apply the powerful ‘WIN’ process to all of your interactions at work.
This workshop is for you if…
You want to communicate with more confidence and build strong and lasting relationships.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- explain the differences between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour
- use various ways to influence others, especially when raising issues
- deal with criticism more effectively
- What is assertiveness?
- How assertive are you?
- What makes us passive or aggressive?
- Introducing the WIN process
Wants and Needs
- Defining and analysing wants and needs
- A difficult situation from your workplace
- The 3 Vs of assertive communication
- Giving negative feedback assertively
- Controlling your emotions
- Three neutralising techniques
- Assertiveness role plays
- Your assertiveness case study
- Applying your new skills
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|March 4||July 22||October 21|
Length: 1 day
Course Fees: $668.75 (including GST)