Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the ability to identify and manage our emotions, as well as those of others. It is sometimes said that IQ gets you the job, but EQ is how you keep it!
In this workshop you will receive a personal SEI Development Report from our partners Six Seconds®. This will help you to learn more about EQ and how to grow your emotional intelligence. You will also explore techniques to gain greater choice over how you respond to challenges at work
This workshop is for you if…
You would like to be able to identify and better manage the emotions you feel in the workplace.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- build better relationships with the people you work with
- better recognise how pressure affects you, and have some techniques to manage in challenging situations
- blend thinking and feeling to make optimal decisions
- What is emotional intelligence?
- EQ vs IQ
- How EQ can help you at work
The core competencies of EQ
- A model for EQ in action
- The 8 competencies of EQ
- Exploring your SEI Development Report
- Enhance emotional literacy
- Exploring Plutchik’s wheel
- Recognising your patterns and ‘triggers'
- Apply consequential thinking
- Navigating your emotions
- The six second pause
- Exercise optimism
- Increase empathy
- Pursue noble goals
- Writing your EQ ‘mission statement’ and action plan
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|March 19-20||June 8-9||September 10-11|
|October 26-27||December 21-22|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $1,229.43 (including GST)