Even the most open-minded people have unconscious biases. These happen when our brains make quick assessments of people and situations and can have both positive and negative consequences.
This revealing workshop will help you to discover the biases in your unconscious mind and how they affect your decision-making and performance at work. You will also learn techniques to manage these unconscious biases for personal success.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn more about their unconscious biases and how to manage them more effectively.
- Understand how unconscious biases are formed
- Consider how bias can influence your decision making, leadership and communication at work
- Develop strategies to actively manage your biases
Introduction AND OVERVIEW
- Defining unconscious bias
- The origins of bias and fast thinking
- Fast vs slow thinking in action
HOW BIASES ARE FORMED
- We’re hard-wired for bias
- How thinking pathways are formed
- Decision making based on quick thinking
- The ladder of inference
Projecting our bias
- How do we transfer our ideas?
- Justifying and giving feedback
Unconscious bias in action
- Bias in the workplace
- What biases do I have?
- Unconscious bias tips
|Public Training Dates 2019|
Length: 1 day
Course Fees: S$668.75 (including GST)