Are you a competent business writer? Would you like to enhance your credibility and effectiveness at work by taking your writing skills to the next level?
This brand new workshop considers the more challenging areas of modern business writing. Looking at a range of document types, you will discover how to build lasting relationships, get others to do things and handle difficult messages. There is a writing activity after each section of the course where you can immediately put the new skills you learn into practice.
Who should attend?
Any competent writers or those who have already taken our Business Writing Essentials workshop.
- Feel more confident in your ability to write well in a range of advanced business writing situations
- Build better relationships through more empathetic writing
- Achieve better results through more targeted and effective writing
The foundations of advanced business writing
- What is advanced business writing?
- Advanced writing competencies
- How advanced are you?
- Your case study
- Recognising the four communication styles
- What’s your style?
- Adapting your writing to the different styles
- Tailoring your message your audience
- Selecting the best structure
- Choosing the right words
Encouraging others to take action
- Adapting your language
- Structuring your message
Disagreeing and refusing diplomatically
- Getting your tone just right
- Alternatives to “no”
- Giving good explanations
Giving constructive feedback sensitively
- The purpose of constructive feedback
- The impact of badly written feedback
- Dos and don’ts of constructive feedback
Applying your new skills
- Your case study
- Your new writing competencies
- Action plan
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 7-8||May 2-3||August 1-2||October 24-25|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)