Is your inbox overflowing? Are you still waiting for important information that you asked for last week? This workshop will help you to develop the quality and effectiveness of your emails so that you can achieve your goals at work.
You will be introduced to the POWER writing process and the 6 Cs of professional email writing. You will also write emails and receive feedback from your trainer and other course participants on how to improve.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to improve the quality and effectiveness of their emails.
- plan and organise your email writing to fit your purpose
- adapt your emails to different audiences and situations
- write and edit your emails to make them clear, concise and easy to understand
Introduction and overview
- Are you a professional email writer?
- The POWER writing process
- The 6 Cs of email writing
- Having a clear purpose
- Knowing what you want to achieve
- Adapting to your audience
- Deciding on BLADE or ODAC
- Choosing the right structure
Writing for your reader
- Asking reader-focused questions
- Using appropriate levels of formality
- Getting your tone right
Focusing on language
- The importance of plain English
- Writing clear action points
- Making your emails more concise
Communicating difficult messages
- Giving bad news in a good way
- The power of positive language
Managing email threads
- Key principles in managing an email thread
- Summarising important information
Editing and reviewing
- Using the 6 Cs to edit and review your emails
- Email writing action plan
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 11-12||March 14-15||April 8-9||May 6-7|
|June 6-7||July 15-16||August 15-16||September 23-24|
|October 17-18||November 14-15||December 12-13|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)