Content is on the rise. More organisations are turning to quality online content to attract and engage their target audiences. This means that more professionals are being called upon to write articles, blog posts, case studies and white papers. This workshop helps you get started by taking you through the process of content creation – from generating ideas to crafting and polishing your writing.
Who should attend?
Those who have been tasked with writing online content for their organisations. You could be in a communications role or a subject matter expert.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- understand why online content is one of the most powerful ways to help your organisation achieve its goals
- generate ideas for your articles, blog posts, case studies and papers
- turn your ideas into engaging and enjoyable content
Introduction and overview
- What is content writing?
- The qualities of good content writing
- Types of content writing
- Establishing yourself as a thought leader
Who am I writing for?
- Understanding your online readers
- Researching your target audience
- Developing target personas
Why am I writing?
- Knowing what you want to achieve
- Exploring your surface and deeper purpose
What do I write about?
- Keeping your target reader in mind
- Using tools to generate ideas
- Analysing your competitors
- Project – choose an idea for your content
How do I write it?
- Choosing the right structure for your content
- Exploring best practice for articles, blog posts, case studies and papers
- Using storytelling to engage your readers
- Project – select a format and write your first draft
- Selecting keywords and attention grabbers
- Using the right tone
- Adapting your language to your audience
- Checking for common grammar errors
- Project – polish your content
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|February 17-18||July 23-24||November 2-3|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)