Do your minutes take hours? This workshop will help you to become a more effective and confident note-taker and minute-writer.
As well as discussions and games, you will watch videos of meetings and take real minutes. There will be a role-play meeting and you will receive feedback from your trainer on what you need to do to improve your minute-writing.
This workshop is for you if…
You need to write minutes or take notes in meetings or discussions.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- feel more confident during meetings and take better notes
- report discussions and actions using appropriate language
- write minutes that are accurate, brief, clear and diplomatic
- Types of meetings
- Key competencies for minute-takers
- Common problems for minute-takers and solutions
Preparing for minute-taking
- Rights and obligations of the minute-taker
- Note-taking skills and formats
- Being assertive - getting the information you need
- Three styles of minutes
The Language of minutes
- Reported speech and back-shifting
- Using reporting verbs
- Choosing the right preposition
- Reporting outcomes
- Being diplomatic
- Analysing and correcting minutes
Just do it!
- Role playing a meeting
- Writing and reviewing your minutes
- Applying your new skills
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|February 3-4||March 26-27||May 21-22|
|June 29-30||July 20-21||September 21-22|
|October 22-23||November 9-10||December 17-18|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)