Do your minutes take you hours? This workshop will help you to become a more effective and confident note-taker and minute-writer.
As well as discussions and games, you will watch videos of meetings and take real minutes. There will be a role-play meeting and you will receive feedback from your trainer on what you need to do to improve your minute-writing.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to write minutes or take notes in meetings or discussions.
- feel more confident during meetings and take better notes
- report discussions and actions using correct grammar and tone
- write minutes that are accurate, brief, clear and diplomatic
Introduction and overview
- Why keep records?
- Key competencies for minute-takers
- Minutes – what and why?
- Common problems for minutetakers and solutions
- Rights and obligations of the minute-taker
- Note-taking skills and formats
- Being assertive - getting the information you need
- Three styles of minutes
The Language of minutes
- Reported speech and back-shifting
- Using reporting verbs
- Choosing the right preposition
- Reporting outcomes
- Being diplomatic
- Analysing and correcting minutes
Just do it!
- Role playing a meeting
- Writing up your minutes
- Reviewing your minutes
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|January 30-31||February 25-26||March 28-29|
|June 3-4||July 1-2||August 1-2|
|September 12-13||October 14-15||November 21-22|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)