Everyone makes mistakes. But these reflect badly on your organisation’s image as well as the products or services you provide. In this workshop you will learn the key proofreading skills needed to consistently remove surface errors and improve writing quality.
Working individually and in small groups, you will take part in a variety of accuracy-based exercises designed to build your confidence and effectiveness as a proofreader.
This workshop is for you if…
You need to improve the accuracy of their and others’ written communication.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- spot common errors in your organisation’s documents
- use a proven proofreading process to improve accuracy
- act as an essential resource for your team or department
- How good is your proofreading?
- Proofreading vs editing
- Competencies of expert proof-readers
- Proofreading quiz
- Reading and the brain
- Understanding word shapes
- Proofreading techniques
A proofreading process
- Skimming to get the ‘gist’
- Considering style and formatting
- Spotting grammar mistakes
- Checking spelling and punctuation
- Reading for coherence and consistency
- Checking factual accuracy
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|March 4||June 10||August 19||October 28|
Length: 1 day
Course Fees: S$668.75 (including GST)