Everyone makes mistakes. But these reflect badly on your organisation’s image as well as the products or services you provide. In this workshop you will learn the key proofreading skills needed to consistently remove surface errors and improve writing quality.
Working individually and in small groups, you will take part in a variety of accuracy-based exercises designed to build your confidence and effectiveness as a proofreader.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to improve the accuracy of their and others’ written communication.
- spot common errors in your organisation’s written communication
- use a proven proofreading process to improve accuracy
- act as an essential resource for your team or department
- Initial proofreading assessment
- Proofreading vs editing
- Competencies of expert proof-readers
- Proofreading quiz
- Reading and the brain
- Understanding word shapes
- Proofreading techniques
A proof-reading process
- Skimming to get the ‘gist’
- Considering style and formatting
- Spotting grammar mistakes
- Checking spelling and punctuation
- Reading for coherence and consistency
- Checking factual accuracy
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 1||March 27||July 17|
|September 18||November 27|
Length: 1 day
Course Fees: S$668.75 (including GST)