Do you need to persuade others or sell your ideas in writing? This workshop will show you how to produce proposals that address your readers’ needs, flow logically and use language to convince key decision-makers.
You will work in groups and take part in discussions, exercises and interactive tasks. You will write a case study proposal and receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on your strengths and areas to improve.
This workshop is for you if…
You are a manager, officer or executive and want to get your ideas accepted.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- feel more confident in your ability to write persuasively
- better understand your readers and their expectations
- sell your ideas to the people who matter
What are proposals?
- An introduction to persuasive writing
- Proposals vs reports
- The purpose of proposals
What Does a Proposal Look Like?
- Meeting your readers’ expectations
- Sections of a proposal
- Developing situations and benefits
Who do you Need to Persuade?
- Meeting the organisation’s evaluation criteria
- Countering objections
- Adapting to different readers’ styles and concerns
- Appealing to your audience's 'hot buttons'
- Using themes to unify your proposal
How are you Going to Say it?
- Making your methods section more persuasive
- Writing effective headings and subheadings
- Using powerful language
- Exploring rhetorical techniques
- Recapping the course
- Your case study proposal
- Feedback and next steps
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|April 20-21||July 16-17|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)