Communicate effectively and excel at work
English is the language of commerce in Singapore. Organisations and multinational companies expect their employees to communicate in spoken and written English effectively. This means you need to speak fluently and confidently in English with clients and colleagues. Being a great communicator is a prerequisite of many world class employers today.
Our courses are designed to help you navigate through these challenges at work. You can apply what you learn in the classroom back at work immediately. You will also meet other working professionals and learn together by sharing experiences and best practices.
Explore the best course for you.
- gain more confidence in communicating effectively in the workplace with this 48-hour course over three months
- improve your business English in a range of workplace themes that you can apply immediately
- regular in-course assessment will keep you in check of your progress
- attend this course at Napier Road centre.
BEST: Business English Skills Training
- designed specifically for Singaporean and Malaysian working professionals.
- improve your business language skills through assessed practice tasks with this 48-hours course over three months
- speaking and Pronunciation or Grammar and Writing pathways
- use your SkillsFuture credit
- attend this course at our Napier Road and Toa Payoh centres.
- Better emails, Say it clearly, Grammar foundations and Effective communication at work
- connect with your clients and colleagues by communicating with them more effectively in the workplace
- short 20-hour courses
- available at our Marsiling centre and Toa Payoh centre
Why study with the British Council
- established and credible – we have been teaching English in Singapore since 1947
- our courses are designed by professional, well qualified and highly experienced teachers
- myClub – free interesting, social and fun learning experience that include out of classroom activities and clubs
- state of the art learning facilities at our four centers across the island.
'The course has helped me to overcome the fear of communicating in English.' - Bec Hyun In, Business English student.
How to register
- Book a language test at one of our centres.
- Come at the allocated appointment time for your language test while will be followed by a consultation (approximately 45 minutes in total).
- You will be advised on the best course for your learning needs.
- Register at our counters.