This is a pre-intermediate level and above course, mainly aimed at Singaporean and Malaysian employees working in an office, or in a customer-fronted workplace in which clear communication is necessary. This course is ideal for customer service advisors, receptionists, technicians, retail/sales executives, helpdesk personnel, etc. who struggle to make themselves understood at work because of local dialect, or wish to improve their ability to code-switch between Singlish and English.
- 50 most common differences between Singlish and English patterns with a focus on raising awareness of differences, increasing accuracy and expanding language range
- Each unit integrates grammar, writing, pronunciation, speaking, listening practice
- No coursebook – but handouts for each lesson, with homework self-check task, written by British Council experts with accumulated 40 years of experience in Singapore, teaching business skills to Singaporeans and Malaysians.
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO excel in:
- Dealing with Customers
- Presenting a product or service
- Reporting problems: when things go wrong
- Dealing with colleagues
- Writing clear emails
- Participating effectively in meetings
- Jobhunting: presenting yourself in professional situations.
After completion, you may progress to BEST: Business English Skills Training.
Designed specifically for Singaporean and Malaysian executives and managers who want to build their confidence and mastery in corporate spoken communication.
Learn techniques to engage and positively influence colleagues and clients when networking, participating or chairing meetings, pitching ideas and making presentations and formal speeches.
- Delivered over seven modules through shared reading, group discussion, interactive tasks, case studies and simulations
- The course aims to deepen understanding of communication styles and approaches, and accompanying techniques to confidently assure their communication has the intended impact
- No coursebook – but handouts for each module, as written by British Council experts with accumulated 40 years of experience in Singapore, teaching business skills to Singaporeans and Malaysians.