This is a foundation level and above course, mainly aimed at Singaporean and Malaysian employees working in an office, or in a customer-fronted workplace in which clear communication is necessary. This course is ideal for customer service advisors, receptionists, technicians, retail/sales executives, helpdesk personnel, etc. who struggle to make themselves understood at work because of local dialect, or wish to improve their ability to code-switch between Singlish and English.
- 50 most common differences between Singlish and English patterns with a focus on raising awareness of differences, increasing accuracy and expanding language range
- Each unit integrates grammar, writing, pronunciation, speaking, listening practice
- No coursebook – but handouts for each lesson, with homework self-check task, written by British Council experts with accumulated 40 years of experience in Singapore, teaching business skills to Singaporeans and Malaysians.
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO excel in:
- Dealing with Customers
- Presenting a product or service
- Reporting problems: when things go wrong
- Dealing with colleagues
- Writing clear emails
- Participating effectively in meetings
- Jobhunting: presenting yourself in professional situations.
After completion, you may progress to BEST: Business English Skills Training.