Do your customers shout at you? Do you feel like shouting back? Anyone who works in a front-line customer service position has, at some time, had to deal with exceptionally challenging customers. This illuminating workshop gives you practical tips and techniques to deal with these situations in a calm, assertive way.
Through discussions, case studies and role plays, you will learn why people react in anger; how to manage your own reactions and how to handle those of your customers.
Who should attend?
Customer Service Professionals who need to build confidence in dealing with extremely challenging customers.
Better understand your customers’ anger and your own reactions
Know how to diffuse angry confrontations
Feel more confident in dealing with extremely challenging customers
Analyse difficult situations to handle them more appropriately
Learn ways to calm down and think straight
Discover a range of strategies to be more assertive with extremely challenging customers
Understanding Angry Reactions
• Thinking about your own anger triggers
• Discovering the root cause of anger
• Understanding others’ anger triggers
Anger, Rage or Fury?
• The early stages of anger
• The anger escalator
• Reading body language of people on the anger escalator
Going Down the Escalator
• Dealing with your own emotions
• Handling agitated customers in the early stages
• Calming angry customers
• Showing real empathy
Refusing Angry Customers
• Structuring a refusal
• Explaining policy using assertive techniques
• Mind your language
• Role plays
Handling Challenging Customer Complaints
What not to say
Structuring a reply
Out of control – Dealing with Hostile and Abusive Customers
• Identifying hostile and abusive customers
• Dealing with hostile bait
• Using questions to re-focus
• Handling personal criticism
• Role plays
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|July 28-29||September 13-14||November 28-29|
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|January 16-17||March 2-3|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)