Anyone who works in a customer-facing role has, at some time, had to deal with exceptionally challenging behaviour from their customers. This vital workshop gives you practical tips and techniques to deal with these situations in a calm and assertive way.
Through discussions, case studies and role plays you will learn why people react angrily, how to manage your own emotions and how to handle challenging behaviour.
Who should attend?
Customer service professionals, executives and managers who want to build confidence in dealing with extremely challenging customers.
- Better understand your customers’ anger and your own reactions
- Know how to stay calm and think straight in stressful situations
- Use a range of strategies to be more confident and assertive
Understanding YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- The anger escalator
- The six second response
- Dealing with stress
MANAGING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Showing empathy
- Strategies to calm angry customers
- Conflict management styles
Handling refusals and complaints
- Refusing requests and offering alternatives
- Explaining policy using assertive techniques
- Tone in complaint handling
Dealing with Hostile or abusive customers
- Identifying hostile or abusive customers
- Strategies and role plays
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|January 25-26||March 15-16||May 30-31|
|July 19-20||September 27-28||November 12-13|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)