This engaging workshop introduces the skills required to take part in successful negotiations. It introduces a systematic approach to preparing and conducting negotiations at all levels.
On this course you will analyse case studies, discuss real life experience and take part in simulations.
Who should attend?
Managers, executives, buyers, procurement officers and other staff who negotiate.
• Feel more confident when negotiating
• Positively influence the outcomes of your negotiations
• Achieve win-win outcomes in negotiations
• Apply a systematic approach to preparing for a negotiation
• Learn how to avoid common negotiating mistakes
• Practice putting your views across in non-confrontational ways
• What is negotiation?
• When is negotiation a good idea?
• The four elements of an effective negotiation
Element One: Interests
• The difference between positions and interests
• Identifying and prioritising your interests
• Common mistakes when handling interests
Element Two: Options
• Generating and evaluating possible options
• Identifying your ideal outcome
• Common errors when generating options
Element Three: Criteria for Fairness
• Establishing and agreeing criteria
• Common pitfalls when evaluating fairness
Element Four: Commitment
• What to consider when closing a deal
• Ways to close a deal successfully
A framework for the negotiation process
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|November 16-17||December 4-5|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 26-27||March 19-20||April 19-20|
|May 21-22||June 11-12||July 16-17|
|August 20-21||September 24-25||October 22-23|
|November 19-20||December 13-14|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)