This insightful workshop will help you develop your confidence and skills in giving speeches. You will explore techniques for preparing and delivering talks, as well as exploring ways to engage your audience in a range of situations.
Over the two days, you will develop and deliver a speech based around a subject of your choice. You will receive detailed feedback on your performance from the other participants and the trainer.
Who should attend?
Anyone who would like to build confidence and skills as a speaker.
• Feel more confident when speaking in public
• Know strategies for planning and structuring your points
• Deliver your speeches in a more engaging way
• Learn techniques to apply in a variety of public speaking situations
• Acquire practical tools for planning, structuring and delivering short speeches
• Develop a greater understanding of your strengths and weaknesses as a speaker
Why Public Speaking Matters
• Public speaking situations
• The difference between speeches and presentations
• The elements of a good speech
Planning and Preparing
• Researching your topic
• Planning what to say and how to say it
• Preparing yourself
Delivering a Speech
• Projecting a confident, credible image
• Keeping your audience engaged
• Delivering a speech written by someone else
Expecting the Unexpected
• Giving impromptu talks
• Managing your emotions
• Handling questions
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|March 3-4||April 18-19||May 16-17|
|August 15-16||September 22-23||October 17-18|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 12
Course Fees: $1068.93 (including GST)