This hands-on workshop will help to build your confidence and skills in giving speeches. You will explore techniques for preparing and delivering talks, as well as ways to engage your audience in a range of public speaking situations.
During the workshop you will develop and deliver a speech on a topic of your choice. You will receive detailed feedback on your performance from the other course participants and your trainer.
Who should attend?
Anyone who would like to become a better public speaker.
• Be able to plan, structure and deliver short speeches
• Use your speeches to engage, motivate and inspire others
• Discover your strengths and areas to improve as a speaker
Why Public Speaking Matters
- Public speaking situations
- Speeches vs presentations
- The elements of a good speech
Planning and Preparing
- Researching your topic
- Planning what to say and how to say it
- Preparing yourself
Delivering a Speech
- Projecting a confident, credible image
- Keeping your audience engaged
- Delivering a speech written by someone else
Expecting the Unexpected
- Giving impromptu talks
- Managing your emotions
- Handling questions
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|October 23-24||November 20-21||December 4-5|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 8-9||March 8-9||April 23-24|
|May 14-15||July 30-31||August 16-17|
|September 4-5||October 1-2||November 8-9|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 12
Course Fees: $1,068.93 (including GST)