Recent developments in technology have created opportunities for people to work together in different types of virtual environments. Whether you work from home occasionally, carry out projects with others based in different locations or are part of a geographically distributed team, effective communication without face-to-face contact can be a challenge.
This highly informative workshop will help you to overcome these challenges and communicate more effectively in the twenty-first century working environment.
Who should attend?
Staff who want to work effectively in non face-to-face environments.
• Communicate more clearly and effectively with geographically diverse teams
• Be able to build better relationships with team members
• Know how to run virtual meetings and teleconferences
• Better understand the causes of ineffective communication in virtual environments
• Discover strategies for communicating more effectively
• Learn how to apply these to your virtual environment
Understanding Virtual Environments
• Discovering the types of virtual teams
• Analysing the advantages and disadvantages of virtual environments
• Understanding the root causes of communication problems
• Fostering trust and co-operation
• Dealing with conflict
• Understanding cultural differences
• Establishing a code of conduct
• Developing a shared language
• Keeping the team updated
• Giving feedback
Leveraging Communication Channels
• Selecting the right type of technology for the task
• Running virtual meetings
• Conducting an effective teleconference
• Communicating clearly in writing
Your Virtual Environment
• Applying the strategies to the virtual environment you work in
Length: By arrangement
Venue: Professional Development Centre, Toa Payoh or external venue
Course Fees: On request