This enlightening workshop helps you improve your pronunciation, tone, pace and pausing by highlighting particular problem areas for Singaporean speakers of English.
You will play a variety of pronunciation games, use the British Council’s interactive phonemic chart and make digital recordings of your voice. Feedback on your strengths and weaknesses will ensure you immediately improve your pronunciation. This course comes with a free British Council pronunciation CD.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to improve the clarity of their pronunciation in English.
• Know the correct pronunciation of commonly mispronounced words
• Improve the clarity of your speech
• Increase the impact of your voice
• Pronounce the sounds of the English language correctly
• Know how to stress commonly used words
• Be more aware of your own pace, pausing and intonation
Sounds and Spelling
• The phonemic alphabet
• Phonemic spelling
• Long vowels
• Short vowels
• Double vowels or diphthongs
• Syllables and word stress
• Weak sounds: un-stressed syllables
• Sentence stress
Pace, Pausing and Intonation
• Sounding polite
• Intonation and meaning
• Voiced and unvoiced consonants
• Problem consonants
• Consonant clusters
• Controlling your voice
• Projecting your voice
• Developing clearer speech
• Consonant-vowel linking
• Vowel-vowel linking
• Achieving fluency
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|January 25-26||February 18-19||March 7-8||April 14-15|
|May 9-10||June 16-17||July 14-15||August 18-19|
|September 26-27||October 20-21||November 24-25||December 5-6|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)