This vital workshop helps participants to examine their leadership style and its effectiveness in complex, diverse contexts. It also explores strategies for intervening effectively when cross-cultural challenges arise.
Based on current academic thinking, this highly practical course builds on the British Council's unrivalled experience of cultural relations and daily intercultural engagement.
Who should attend?
Leaders working in multi-cultural environments or with multi-cultural teams
- Understand, engage and retain diverse staff members
- Feel confident and resourceful to take action, even when faced with conflicting or uncertain information
- Build and maintain a high-performing team by enhancing individual achievement, reaching ambitious goals and driving results.
- Examine how cultural and other influences impact your leadership style and how others may respond to this
- Adapt your leadership style to successfully earn and build trust, motivate team members and create optimum conditions for team performance in a range of situations
- React flexibly to effectively resolve common challenges in complex, diverse contexts.
Culture and you
- My Approach to Leadership
- Eight features of culture
- Personal, cultural, global
- Preferences and views tool
Leading multicultural teams
- Leading inclusively
- Multicultural teams and context
- Managing challenging situations
Bringing it all together
- My Case Study
- Cultural Leadership Competencies
- My Learning Journey
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|April 26||June 7||August 1|
|October 26||December 1|
Length: 1 day
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $706.20 (including GST)