Combining self-study with face-to-face training, this in-depth and fascinating course from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) gives junior managers the foundation skills and knowledge needed to manage their teams more effectively.
As you work towards this Award you will also have access to Management Direct, CMI’s complete online library of comprehensive and up-to-date material that addresses current management practice.
Who should attend?
Supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity.
- Become aware of the skills and knowledge required by first line managers
- Better understand your stakeholders and their needs
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with your team
The role of the first line manager
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the first line manager
- Explain the skills and knowledge required of the first line manager
- Compare own existing skills and knowledge with those required
Personal development plan
- Construct a personal development plan that supports and develops existing and required skills and knowledge
Stakeholders and their needs
- Identify the first line manager’s immediate stakeholders and their needs
- Describe the data and information available to the first line manager on stakeholder needs
- Develop a plan to meet existing and potential needs of stakeholders
Developing and maintaining working relationships
- Explain methods to develop and maintain working relationships
Managing team performance
- Describe methods of identifying and supporting the performance of team members
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|March 12-16||July 16-20||November 19-23|
Length: 4 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $2,782 (including GST)