In management the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in speaking and writing is important for successful, productive work. Combining self-study with face-to-face training, this in-depth and fascinating course from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) helps junior managers understand the principles, methods and effectiveness of management communication techniques.
As you work towards this Award you will also have access to Management Direct, CMI’s complete online library of comprehensive and up-to-date material that addresses current management practice.
Who should attend?
Supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity.
- Be able to communicate more clearly in both speech and writing
- Choose the right communication channel for each situation
- Create a more engaged and effective team
Principles of management communication
- Describe the role of communication in the management environment
- Identify the effects of communication on management practice
- Describe the communication principles that support team activities
Achieving your management objectives
- Describe the processes for conducting a team briefing
- Identify the stages of organising and leading a formal management meeting
- Describe the structure of a written management report
Reviewing the effectiveness of your communication
- Identify feedback methods to determine impact of communication
- Evaluate the feedback to determine achievement of the management objectives
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|March 21-23||May 9-11||October 15-17|
Length: 3 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $1,926 (including GST)