Coaching, counselling and mentoring are all about focusing on others. They are three of the most effective skills a manager has to improve team effectiveness, boost morale and increase productivity. This insightful workshop explores the skills and attitudes you will need to coach, counsel or mentor your direct reports.
This is a hands-on course which uses role plays, case studies, discussions and interactive tasks to practise the three core skills.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Coach colleagues with greater confidence and purpose
- Use basic counselling techniques to help colleagues overcome emotion-based problems affecting their work
- Understand the role of mentor and the skills and knowledge required
Definitions and the Learning Cycle
- Defining coaching, counselling and mentoring
- Matching the skill to the situation
- Kolb’s learning cycle
- The GROW model
- Case study: The Helping Hand
- Effective questions
- Active listening
- Coaching session
- Four approaches
- Positive and critical feedback
- Challenging situations
- Their problem, their solution?
- Information vs advice
- Empathy – the empty chair
- Counselling session
- What mentors do
- Mentoring gains and rules
- Case studies
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 8-9||March 28-29||April 5-6|
|May 3-4||July 2-3||August 23-24|
|September 13-14||October 1-2||November 19-20|
Length: 2 days
Maximum Group Size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)