This transformative workshop provides managers with the skills to support, challenge and motivate their team members through coaching.
Coaching helps you to develop strong relationships with colleagues, promotes a strategic, action-based approach to dealing with issues and encourages reflection and growth for both the coachee and the coach. This course aims to build confidence in coaching through tips, techniques and feedback on practical coaching sessions.
Who should attend?
Managers who want to support and develop their staff through coaching.
- Apply a range of frameworks to your coaching conversations
- Use powerful questions to help coachees with their creative thinking and motivation
- Help your colleagues to grow and develop professionally
The coaching context
- Which ‘hat’ am I wearing?
- Defining coaching
- Coaching ethics, boundaries and benefits
Making a Start
- Qualities of a successful coach
- Why should anyone be coached by me?
- Being clear and precise before you start
- Practicing the pre-coaching qualification
The coaching conversation
- Building coaching presence
- Why good listening matters
- Exploring coaching frameworks
- Powerful questioning
- Coaching in action
Motivating your coachee
- Empathy vs sympathy
- Conditions for growth and development
- Challenging perceptions and assumptions
- Deeper questioning
- Recapping key points
- Acknowledging emotions and gathering feedback
- Their journey forward
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 22-23||May 24-25||June 11-12|
|August 30-31||October 18-19||December 10-11|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)