This interactive workshop focuses on providing skills for managers to support, challenge and motivate their team members through coaching.
This course aims to build confidence in coaching through creating effective presence, strong questioning skills and an open, flexible style. The coaching will develop strong relationships with colleagues, promote a strategic, action-based approach and encourage reflection and growth for both the coachee and the coach. There will also be tips, techniques and feedback on practical coaching sessions.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to coach others.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Use techniques to build and promote presence when coaching and leading team members
- Use powerful questions to help colleagues with their creative thinking and motivation forwards
- Coach colleagues through a complete coaching conversation using flexible coaching frameworks
You can expect to:
- Explore the key benefits for a coaching culture at work
- Learn the techniques for 'enrolling' a coachee
- Use powerful questions for different situations in coaching
- Identify successful tips to employ in your coaching
- Recognise perceptions and assumptions in the coaching process
- Develop an understanding of a range of coaching frameworks for use
Making A Start
- Benefits of coaching and creating a coaching culture
- Defining coaching - what it is and what it is not
- Coaching ethics and boundaries
- Qualities of a successful coach
- Why should anyone be coached by me?
- What to do: Pre-coaching conversation
The Coaching Conversation
- Establishing rapport
- Building coaching presence
- Deep listening
- Exploring coaching frameworks
- Powerful questioning
- Establishing Clear Goals
Motivating The Coachee
- Understanding the root cause of issues
- Empathy vs sympathy
- Encouraging growth and development
- Challenging perceptions and assumptions
- Managing challenging emotions
- Recapping the key points
- Promoting reflection
- Their journey forward
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|August 1-2||October 10-11||December 1-2|
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|February 13-14||April 10-11|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)