This hands-on workshop helps you develop your skills and confidence for facilitating effective meetings – whether project groups, team meetings or other small groups. Highly practical and interactive, this workshop provides you tips and techniques for where the meeting’s success and performance relies on the group working productively together. Through real-life skills practice you’ll explore ways to apply your facilitation skills to a meeting or group you currently lead at work.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to help the meetings they lead become more satisfying and productive for all involved.
- Develop essential facilitation skills to improve the effectiveness of your meetings
- Practical models and techniques for meeting facilitation
- Awareness of group dynamics, and confidence to help meetings be productive
- Explore essential principles and practices of effective facilitation
- Learn how to choose your facilitation approach according to the needs of the meeting or group
- Apply frameworks for planning and conducting effective meetings
- Helping a meeting start well
- The importance of ‘contracting’ for successful meetings
- Establishing an agenda for success
The skilful facilitator
- What makes facilitation effective?
- Ways of leading meetings
- Choosing from a range of facilitation approaches
Exploration and decision making
- Practical tools for inquiry and exploration
- Decision making tips, techniques and pitfalls to avoid
Working with group dynamics
- Understanding the group process ‘iceberg’;
- Working with what’s below the surface
- Phases in a group’s development, and the task of the facilitator
- Your own impact on the dynamics
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|September 21||October 20||November 8|
Length: 1 day
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees : $706.20 (including GST)