A fundamental challenge for people working in teams is how to deal with difference. One point of agreement is that training can help us to recognise and move away from negative judgements while embracing a culture of respect and cooperation.
This thought-provoking workshop will challenge your assumptions about colleagues from different generations. It will also help you to adapt to others and take personal responsibility for managing diversity in your workplace.
Who should attend?
Anyone who would like to gain a better understanding of their multigenerational colleagues and work more effectively together.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your multigenerational colleagues
- Communicate more effectively with your team
- Enjoy better quality of relationships at work
Introduction and overview
- A trip down memory lane
- The four generations (Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Gen X and Millennials)
We are the same, and different
- Things we have in common
- Our differences
- What is a generation?
- Diversity and today’s workplace
From my Shoes to your Shoes
- What’s the fundamental problem?
- Where do we want to get to and why?
- How do we get there?
Shifting Emotions and Attitudes
- The generations and their characteristics
- What other generations think about you
- Acknowledge feelings; do something different
- Getting to know, appreciate and learn from the person
- Building relationships that transcend difference
- Communicating together
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 21||May 16||July 18|
|September 20||November 5|
Length: 1 day
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $636.65 (including GST)