“Birds of a feather flock together”. Have you ever noticed that an organization or department attracts similar people? Maybe you’ve struggled to get hired, have your voice heard or move up the corporate ladder. This fascinating workshop will help you uncover the biases logged in your unconscious mind, discover how they affect your performance, leadership and decision making styles and help you develop strategies to actively manage them for personal success.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn more about how biases affect processes, outcomes and the bottom line in business.
- Understand how biases are formed
- Discover how they affect business
- Apply unconscious bias principles to specific work
After this workshop you will have:
- Become more aware of your biases
- Considered how they can influence your work: decision making, leadership and communications
- Developed some strategies to actively manage your biases
- What is Unconscious Bias?
- Why is it important?
- How can an understanding of Unconscious Bias help me?
Bias and the Brain
- Positive and harmful effects of bias
- We are hard wired for bias
- Quick and slow thinking
- Understanding your triggers
- Unconscious to conscious bias
Types of Bias
- Affinity (gender, ethnicity, social background, nationality etc)
- Explicit vs Implicit
Self-Awareness and Bias
- Using bias tools
- How do we form biases
Bias and Business
- Performance management
- Decision Making
- Team-work and communication
- Strategies for change
- Language and subtle cues
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|April 11-12||June 3||October 21|
Length: 1 day, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: S$636.65 (including GST)