This highly collaborative workshop will show you how to write copy that sells, whether it’s an idea in a newsletter or a product in a flyer. It highlights the skills you need to create attention, interest, desire and action in your reader.
Working in small groups with plenty of discussion and practice, you will master the style and language you need to get a favourable response from your reader.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to improve their ability to sell their ideas in writing.
- Plan and brainstorm ideas that suit your target audience
- Focus on your purpose, product and reader
- Implement techniques to overcome writer’s block
- Improve your ability to create text that sells
- Write more interesting and creative copy
- Understand how to ‘get into the head’ of your reader
- The role and qualities of a copywriter
- The impact of the Internet on copywriting
- Six basic rules of brainstorming
- Creative thinking techniques
Writing to Communicate
- The 3 ‘musts’ of successful copy
- Why are you writing this copy? Clear purpose
- What are you ‘selling’? Features and benefits
- Who is your reader? Profiling
- Motivating your reader
- The AIDA formula
- The power of headlines
- The lead-in
- Writing clear copy
- Emotion vs intellect
- Being specific and concise
- Visual appeal
- Logo, caption and in-text graphics/pictures
- The causes of writer’s block
- Battling writer’s block
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|October 13-14||December 15-16|
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|February 20-21||April 17-18|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)