Editors are crucial to creating great writing. This practical workshop will show you easy-to-use tools and techniques to help you take ordinary writing to the next level. It will give you the ability to polish text until it shines, producing writing that is professional, impactful and meets your readers' needs.
You will work in groups and take part in discussions and interactive exercises. You will also edit authentic texts and receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on your strengths and areas for improvement.
Who should attend?
Staff who are responsible for editing company documents and publications.
- Edit more confidently and efficiently
- Produce higher quality writing
- Use tools to facilitate professional-quality editing
- Understand the value of using an editing process
- Learn strategies to edit documents for content, language and grammar
- Assess a range of tools to create a personal editor's toolkit
Introduction and Overview
- Defining an editor's role and responsibilities
- Establish an editing process
Edit for Content
- Make writing reader-focused
- Decide on the best structure
- Keep a text on topic
Edit for Language
- Select the right words
- Use the right tone
- Maintain a consistent style
Edit for Grammar
- Identify common mistakes
- Master punctuation
Edit for Appearance
- Perfect the format
- Include headings
- Compare style guides
- Discover web-based recourses
- Create a personal toolkit
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|September 19-20||November 14-15|
|Public Training Dates 2017|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)