This essential workshop reviews the foundations of English grammar, with a focus on areas where Singaporean English differs from Standard (British) English.
Your experienced trainer will take you through a series of interactive, hands-on activities to help you avoid grammatical errors. You will learn to edit your writing to make it more accurate and will gain confidence in your everyday use of grammar.
Who should attend?
Those who need to gain confidence in the basics of English grammar.
- Avoid common grammatical mistakes
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of the basics of English grammar
- Be able to edit your and others’ writing to make it more accurate
Basic principles and terminology
- Grammar quiz
- Writing case study
- Parts of speech
- Using online resources
Question and verb forms
- Different types of questions
- Present perfect and past simple
- Past questions
- Interviewing a colleague
- Writing a professional profile
Nouns, quantifiers and articles
- Countable and uncountable nouns
- What is a quantifier?
- Using articles correctly
Prepositions and Collocations
- Prepositions of place
- Singlish or Standard English?
Putting it all together
- Planning a work event
- Giving a mini presentation
- Writing an email
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|November 23-24||December 7-8|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|January 22-23||February 5-6||March 5-6||April 2-3|
|May 21-22||June 7-8||July 2-3||September 4-5|
|October 4-5||November 1-2|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)