The key principles of English, focusing on the specific needs of Singaporeans, are incorporated into this introductory workshop. Your experienced trainer will take you through a series of interactive, hands-on activities to help you avoid grammatical errors. You will learn to edit your writing to make it more accurate and gain confidence in your everyday use of grammar.
During this course you will look at grammar from a functional perspective and practise your grammar through writing, speaking, communicative activities and using online resources.
Who should attend?
Those who need to gain confidence in the basics of English grammar.
- Avoid common grammatical mistakes
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of the basics of English grammar
- Be able to edit your and others’ writing to make it more accurate
- Revise parts of speech as a framework for discussing language
- Revisit question forms, their structure and uses; and
- Develop your understanding of past tense verbs, nouns, prepositions and articles
Introduction and Parts of Speech
- Grammar quiz
- Introducing the Parts of Speech
- How correct are my questions?
- Using questions to network and interview in a business context
- Improving accuracy of using past tenses
Nouns, Quantifiers and Articles
- Countable and uncountable nouns
- What is a quantifier?
- Using articles correctly
Prepositions and Singlish Collocations
- Accurate use of prepositions
- Singlish or Standard English?
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|January 18-19||February 1-2||March 14-15||April 18-19|
|May 5-6||June 9-10||July 7-8||August 15-16|
|September 19-20||October 13-14||November 17-18||December 12-13|
Length: 2 day, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)