This excellent workshop is designed to take the stress out of note-taking and minute-writing by introducing approaches to write clearer and more accurate minutes.
As well as discussions and games, you will also watch video meetings and take real minutes. There will be a role play meeting and you will also receive feedback from your trainer on what you need to do to improve your minutes.
Who should attend?
Staff who take notes in briefings, or who write the minutes of meetings.
- Feel more confident during meetings and take better notes
- Be able to report discussions and actions using correct grammar and tone
- Know how to select the right content for different types of minutes
- Discover how to overcome difficulties in note-taking and minute-writing
- Understand the conventions and formats for different types of meetings
- Improve the accuracy of your language
- What competencies do minute-takers need?
- What is the purpose of minutes?
- How can minute-takers overcome difficulties?
Preparing to Take the Minutes
- The rights and obligations of the minute-taker
- Note taking formats
- Types of minutes
- Selecting the right level of formality
- Using reported speech
- Getting your grammar right
- Reporting the outcome of meetings
- Using diplomatic language
Just do it!
- Video meetings
- Roleplay meetings
- Review of your minutes
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|June 9-10||August 4-5||October 3-4||December 5-6|
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|January 19-20||March 16-17|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)