Do your minutes take hours? This essential workshop will help you to become a more confident note-taker and minute-writer. You will also learn how to communicate in ways that help improve the accuracy and effectiveness of your minutes.
As well as discussions and games, you will watch videos of meetings and take real minutes. There will be a role-play meeting and you will receive feedback from your trainer on what you need to do to improve your minute-writing.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to take notes in meetings or discussions or write minutes.
- Feel more confident during meetings and take better notes
- Be able to report discussions and actions using correct grammar and tone
- Write effective and professional minutes
- Key competencies for minute-takers
- Minutes – what and why?
- Common problems and solutions
- Rights and obligations of the minute-taker
- Note-taking skills and formats
- Getting the information you need
- Three styles of minutes
- Reported speech
- Verb-preposition combinations
- Reporting outcomes
- Being diplomatic
- Analysing and correcting minutes
Just do it!
- Video meetings
- Role play meetings
- Review of your minutes
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|November 9-10||December 11-12|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|January 15-16||March 26-27||May 14-15|
|June 21-22||August 20-21||September 13-14|
|October 11-12||November 15-16||Dcember 6-7|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)