This informative and practical workshop uses a proven proofreading process to raise accuracy and readability to new heights. You will learn the key proofreading skills needed to consistently remove errors and improve writing quality.
Working individually and in small groups, you will take part in a variety of accuracy-based exercises designed to build your confidence and effectiveness in proofreading.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to improve the accuracy of their and others’ written communication.
- Improve the accuracy of your organisation’s written communication
- Project a more professional image
- Become an essential resource for your team or department
- Initial proofreading test
- What is proofreading?
- Competencies of expert proof-readers
- Reading and the brain
- Word shapes
- Some proofreading techniques
A proof-reading process
- Skim reading
- Style and formatting
- Spelling and punctuation
- Coherence and consistency
- Factual accuracy
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 7||April 18||June 27|
|August 29||October 24||December 5|
Length: 1 day
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $636.65 (including GST)