Do you need to persuade others, or sell your ideas in writing? If so, this insightful workshop is for you. You will produce proposals that address your readers’ needs, flow logically and use language to convince those who matter.
You will work in groups and take part in discussions, exercises and interactive tasks. You will write a case study and receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on your strengths and areas to improve.
Who should attend?
Managers, senior officers and executives who want to get their ideas accepted.
- Feel more confident in your ability to write persuasively
- Better understand your readers and their expectations
- Sell your ideas to the people who matter
What is a Proposal?
- Proposals vs reports
- The purpose(s) of proposals
What Does a Proposal Look Like?
- Meeting your readers’ expectations
- Structuring your proposal
- Developing your situations and benefits
Who do you Need to Persuade?
- Meeting the organisation’s evaluation criteria
- Countering objections
- Adapting to different readers’ styles and concerns
- Using themes to unify your proposal
How am I Going to Say it?
- Making your methods section more persuasive
- Writing effective headings and subheadings
- Using powerful language
- Rhetorical techniques
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 26-27||May 24-25|
|August 30-31||November 22-23|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)