Good decisions come from good reports. The best reports demonstrate the writer’s command of both material and medium. They demand respect and achieve an appropriate, positive response.
This effective workshop guides you through the fundamental skills needed for planning, structuring, writing and checking your reports. You will work in groups, on discussions, exercises and interactive games. Throughout the course you will work on a case study, putting the skills you pick up into practice immediately.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to write reports at work.
- Write reports which are clear, well-structured and convincing
- Be able to edit your own reports and save yourself time
- Project a more professional image through your report writing
- What is a report?
- Routine and non-routine reports
- Types of non-routine reports
The Structure and Organisation of a Report
- Structuring your report
- Organising your material
- Deciding what to include in each section
Writing a Report
- Including a table of contents
- Writing facts
- Coming to the right conclusions
- Making recommendations
- Writing a summary
Making it Readable
- The 5 Cs of report writing
- Using Plain English
- Avoiding redundancy
- Making your report cohesive and coherent
- Presenting information clearly
- Using and selecting diagrams
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|March 15-16||June 28-29||August 6-7|
|October 18-19||December 13-14|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)