Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are a set of clear instructions that show how to perform a routine or repetitive activity in an organization. The development and use of SOPs are an integral part of any successful quality system.
This very thorough course takes you through the POWER writing process for developing SOPs. You will use a work based case study to produce an SOP and then receive peer and trainer feedback on your text.
Who should attend?
Staff who need to write clear, concise and complete instructions to enable end users to successfully complete tasks.
- Provide individuals with clear information to perform a job properly
- Generate buy-in from peers and management for your procedures
- Facilitate consistency in the quality and integrity of an end-result
- Plan a complete set of Standard Operating Procedures
- Organise material into a logical SOP structure
- Write in a clear and concise manner appropriate for end users
Introduction & Overview
- Why? Purpose and benefits
- Who? Writers and responsibilities
- How? The SOP writing process
- Deciding the content
- Collecting the data
- Understanding the target audience
- Task, steps and sub steps
- Step numbering
- Appendices, cover page and headers
- Plain English
- Conditional statements
- Logic tables
- Warnings, cautions and notes
- Using visual aids
- Formatting documents
- Checking grammar
- Revising SOPs
- Testing and maintaining SOPs
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|October 24-25||December 12-13|
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|February 6-7||April 3-4|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)