A Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is a set of written instructions that shows how to perform a routine activity in an organisation. The development and use of SOPs form an integral part of any successful quality system.
This very thorough workshop takes you through the POWER writing process for developing effective SOPs. You will use a work-based case study to write an SOP and then receive peer and trainer feedback on your text.
Who should attend?
Staff who need to write clear, concise and complete instructions to enable end users to successfully complete tasks.
- Provide individuals with clear information to perform a job properly
- Generate buy-in from peers and management for your procedures
- Facilitate consistency in the quality and integrity of an end result
Introduction and Overview
- Why? Purpose and benefits
- Who? Writers and responsibilities
- How? The SOP writing process
- 'Backwards by design' technique
- Deciding on the content
- Who needs to be involved?
- Collecting the data
- Understanding your target audience
- Task orientation
- Step numbering and structure
- Appendices, cover page and headers
- Plain English
- Being clear and concise
- Conditional statements
- Logic tables
- Warnings, cautions and notes
- Using visual aids
- Formatting your SOP
- Checking grammar
- Revising your SOP
- Testing and maintaining SOPs
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 19-20||April 9-10||May 24-25|
|June 13-14||August 27-28||September 13-14|
|October 8-9||November 12-13||December 3-4|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)