Do you need to write content for the web? This course explains how. Rather than teaching you how to technically create a website, this course addresses the next step – how to use language and text effectively in order to create impact, interest and understanding.
During the training, you will be working on a real life web writing project that gives you the opportunity to practise the skills you will learn on this course.
You will also have the chance to apply these new techniques to social media sites.
Who should attend?
Staff who need help in choosing appropriate language, text structure and layout for their website.
- Write online content that creates better impact
- Know how to make your website more reader-friendly
- Create more attractive content
- Learn how to create impact through language, layout and structure
- Discover conventions that will help your reader
- Create useful social media content
The Web as a Communication Medium
- Characteristics of different media
- Characteristics of the web
Web user Behaviour
- How web users read
- How web users think
- How web users behave
- Web conventions
- Navigation and orientation
- Headings and page titles
Your Language on the Web
- The 5 Cs for the web
- Usability and simplicity
- Being concise, objective and scan-nable
- Structuring content
- Writing leads
- Facebook: voice and tone
- Twitter messages
|Public Training Dates 2016|
|February 25-26||May 12-13|
|August 1-2||October 17-18|
Length: 2 days, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)