These courses are suitable for students currently studying in Kindergarten 2.
We have two courses available for this level:
- Reading Booster (K2)
- Get Ready for Primary (K2)
OUR PRE-SCHOOL HOLIDAY COURSES COVER THE FOLLOWING::
READING BOOSTER (K2)
If your child is struggling to read and needs extra support before beginning Primary 1, then the Reading Booster course will be hugely beneficial.
The course will focus on:
- Blending phonics
- Practicing sight words (e.g. words that don’t follow phonemic rules)
- Developing reading fluency
This course consists of 8 one hour sessions that can be taken in addition to existing K2 courses.
It is expected that all the children who take this course have a basic grasp of phonics but are unable to transition to any reading fluency.
GET READY FOR PRIMARY (K2)
Provides an introduction to the activities and routines that students meet in Primary 1 classes. Tasks range from simple comprehension and writing tasks to organising class work and cooperating together in groups.
On this course your child will:
- Review the phonics needed for basic literacy
- Improve their understanding of simple spelling patterns for writing
- Improve their writing of short sentences
- Build their knowledge of common sight and high frequency words
- Build their confidence to speak in front of others
- Apply simple reading strategies to improve their understanding of a text