November/December holiday courses for Primary 1 students.
Fact and Fiction – a creative writing course for Primary 1 *NEW*
Let your child develop their creativity and writing confidence on a range of text types such as poetry and narrative. Featuring popular stories, your child will engage in a variety of activities including story prediction games, hands-on problem solving activities and spelling games. Over five days, this course aims to provide your child with a solid foundation to enter Primary 2.
By the end of the course, your child will be able to:
- Be familiar with common text types in Primary English
- Have an awareness of the features and purpose of each text type
- Have an awareness of metalanguage associated with grammar and text types
- Produce simple versions of each text type
- Take home a folio of written work they have created, which includes feedback from the class teacher.
This course is suitable for students who completed Primary 1 this year.
Learn and Explore - Comprehension Skills 1
Be a better reader!
Students will read from a range of engaging, fiction and non-fiction texts, and practise answering basic question types. They will learn skills to reflect critically on their reading and themes, preparing them for success in the coming semester.
At the end of each lesson, students will review the day’s reading, discuss the day’s themes, what they have learned and think about what they want to understand more about!
- A large variety of non-fiction and fiction texts covered
- Language analysis
- Practice in a variety of MOE question types
- Daily reviews of reading
- Discussion of themes to broaden general knowledge
- Topics chosen to develop 21st Century competencies of civic and cross-cultural awareness
This course is suitable for students who completed Primary 1 and 2 this year.