About these courses
These courses are suitable for students currently studying in Primary 1 or Primary 2.
Learn and Explore - Composition Skills 1
Be a better writer!
Students will experiment with basic techniques for writing, gaining the confidence to write a range of MOE text types in the coming school year.
- Personal recount, reports and informal letters
- Language analysis and application
- Text feature analysis
- Regular, individual teacher feedback
- Guided editing and redrafting of work
- Production of a portfolio to take away containing the week’s worksheets, early drafts with comments and the final pieces.
LEARN AND EXPLORE - COMPREHENSION SKILLS 1
Be a better reader!
Students will read from a range of engaging, up-to-date, age-appropriate fiction and non-fiction texts, learning to answer simple MOE question types. They will learn basic skills for critical reflection on their reading and themes, preparing them for success in the coming year.
- A large variety of non-fiction and fiction texts covered
- Language analysis
- Practice in a variety of MOE question types
- Daily reviews of reading
- Discussion of themes to broaden general knowledge
- Topics chosen to develop 21st Century competencies of civic and cross-cultural awareness