These courses are suitable for students currently studying in Primary 3 or Primary 4.
LEARN AND EXPLORE - COMPOSITION SKILLS 2
Be a better writer!
Students will experiment producing more complex MOE text types with raised awareness of purpose, audience and context. It will sharpen their writing skills for better composition in the coming semester.
- Narratives, information reports, explanations, expositions, and factual recounts
- Language analysis and application
- Text feature analysis
- Individual teacher feedback
- Guided editing and redrafting of work
- Production of a portfolio to take away containing the week’s worksheets, early drafts with comments and the final pieces.
LEARN AND EXPLORE - COMPrehensION SKILLS 2
Be a better reader!
Students will read a range of modern fiction and non-fiction texts, broaden their general knowledge and analyse a variety of age-specific PSLE style question types.
- A large variety of non-fiction and fiction texts covered
- Language analysis
- Practice in a variety of MOE question types
- Daily reviews of reading
- Discussion of themes to broaden general knowledge
- Topics chosen to develop 21st Century competencies of civic and cross-cultural awareness
SPEAKING WITH CONFIDENCE (PRIMARY 4)
Expressing your ideas clearly and coherently is a skill that will last a lifetime! Learn by exploring themes and presenting them in imaginative ways.
- Planning and organisation
- Introductions and conclusions
- Stress and pronunciation
- Giving opinions, reasons and explanations
- Appropriate reaction to the opinions of others
- Basic stylistic tools e.g. antithesis, parallel wording