About these courses
These courses are suitable for students currently studying in Primary 5 or Primary 6.
LEARN AND EXPLORE - COMPOSITION SKILLS 3
Be a better writer!
Students will gain practice in more advanced writing techniques to produce quality pieces for success at the PSLE and in Secondary school.
- Narratives, information reports, explanations, expositions, and personal recounts
- Language analysis and application
- Text feature analysis
- Individual teacher feedback
- Guided editing and redrafting of work
- Production of a portfolio to take away containing the week’s worksheets, early drafts with comments and the final pieces.
LEARN AND EXPLORE - COMPREHENSION SKILLS 3
Be a better reader!
Students will have the opportunity to read in depth, critically reflect on and discuss topical themes before analysing a variety of MOE recognised question types relevant to the PSLE and Secondary school.
- A large variety of non-fiction and fiction texts covered
- Language analysis
- Practice in a variety of MOE question types
- Daily reviews of reading
- Discussion of themes to broaden general knowledge
- Topics chosen to develop 21st Century competencies of civic and cross-cultural awareness
SPEAKING WITH CONFIDENCE (PRIMARY 5)
Expressing your ideas clearly and coherently is a skill that will last a lifetime! Learn by exploring themes and presenting them in imaginative ways.
- Planning and organisation
- Introductions and conclusions
- Stress and pronunciation
- Giving opinions, reasons and explanations
- Appropriate reaction to the opinions of others
- Basic stylistic tools e.g. antithesis, parallel wording