These courses are suitable for students currently studying in Primary 5 or Primary 6.
LEARN AND EXPLORE - COMPOSITION SKILLS 3
Be a better writer!
Students will gain practice in more advanced writing techniques to produce quality pieces for success at the PSLE and in Secondary school.
- Narratives, information reports, explanations, expositions, and personal recounts
- Language analysis and application
- Text feature analysis
- Individual teacher feedback
- Guided editing and redrafting of work
- Production of a portfolio to take away containing the week’s worksheets, early drafts with comments and the final pieces.
SPEAKING WITH CONFIDENCE (PRIMARY 5)
Expressing your ideas clearly and coherently is a skill that will last a lifetime! Learn by exploring themes and presenting them in imaginative ways.
- Planning and organisation
- Introductions and conclusions
- Stress and pronunciation
- Giving opinions, reasons and explanations
- Appropriate reaction to the opinions of others
- Basic stylistic tools e.g. antithesis, parallel wording
PSLE INTENSIVE (PRIMARY 6)
This course provides intensive practice of all elements of the exam: writing skills (Paper 1), language use and comprehension (Paper 2), listening comprehension (Paper 3) and oral communication (Paper 4).
By exploring test questions within themes, students gain not only extra exposure to exam questions but also engage with the materials and their peers in a more meaningful manner. Develop exam skills in a supportive environment and gain extra practice intensively before the big day!