The mission of Asia Fashion Future is to provide fashion professionals from Asia and the UK with the skills and knowledge necessary to increase the sustainability and growth of Asian fashion businesses.
Asia Fashion Future: Seminar
This one day seminar will bring experts from the UK and Asia together to examine challenges and opportunities facing Asia’s growing fashion sector.
Participants will benefit from a unique learning experience, gaining the best of UK expertise within an international context.
The seminar will run as a fringe event alongside Digital Fashion Week and focus on the following topics:
Thursday 29 October 2015
Flexible Performance Space, LASALLE College of the Arts, Singapore
Session 1: Digital Fashion Brands
Explore how the popularity of web and social media has reshaped consumption patterns and transformed the fashion industry.
- Understand online fashion businesses in Southeast-Asia
- Explore the opportunities the internet offers for exchange between Asia and the UK
- Analyse the rise of social media as a source for styling and trend setting
Hear from these digital leaders about creating a powerful online presence:
- Billie JD Porter, UK Journalist
- Norman Tan, Editor-in-Chief, Buro24/7
- Diana Rikasari, blogger, http://dianarikasari.blogspot.sk/
Session 2: Sustainability and Ethics
- Analyse the viability of sustainable fashion within a fast fashion market context
- Understand old and new sustainable textiles and design
- Explore new methods of sustainable fashion
Hear from these leaders about working in sustainable fashion:
- Lucy Siegle, Author and Columnist, The Observer
- LanVy Nguyen, Founder and Managing Director, Fashion4Freedom
- Victoria Ho, Creative Director, Fashion4Freedom and Head of Fashion at RMIT Vietnam
For more information or questions, email email@example.com.
Accommodation and Travel
Participants are responsible for covering the cost of their accommodation, travel and Singapore visa (if applicable).
Upon request the British Council can provide a letter of invitation for a visa.